In response to the Greek Orthodox Community of Melbourne & Victoria's submission to the Minister of Immigration & Citizenship, the Department has scheduled a Skills Expo in Athens to take place on the 8th & 9th of October 2011 in a venue to be announced soon.
The expo will target the following occupations/professions:
- engineering professionals
- health professionals including doctors, nurses and allied health professionals
- automotive, construction, electrical and mechanical trades.
A comprehensive list will be released at the end of this week by the Department of Immigration & Citizenship.'
To be invited to attend the Expo you must:
- be under 50 years of age
- have good English language skills (both written and verbal)
- be interested in living and working in Australia
- have qualifications and/or work experience in an occupation in demand in Australia and skills needed by a participating employer or state or territory government. These include health or engineering or health professions, automotive, construction, electrical and mechanical trades.
Attendance at this event is free of charge and by invitation only.
Applicants who fill the above criteria may register with the Department of Immigration and Citizenship through their website http://www.immi.gov.au/skillexpos/skilled-workers.htm.
Successful applicants will be issued with an invitation to attend. Registrations will open soon.
More information will be posted on our website www.greekcommunity.com.au as it becomes available.