The Greek Orthodox Community of Melbourne and Victoria (GOCMV) since its inception has focussed on the spiritual needs and guidance of the Orthodox faithful in the State of Victoria. The first service, conducted by Archimandrite Dorotheos “Samios” Bakaliaros was held on Sunday 22nd August 1897 at the school hall at Chalmers Church Hall located at Gipps St, Eastern Hill (now East Melbourne). The first church erected by the GOCMV in Melbourne was dedicated to the “Annunciation of Our Lady”.
For nearly 60 years the Holy Church of the “Annunciation of Our Lady” was the sole religious provider to the Greek Orthodox faithful of Victoria. Today the GOCMV is responsible for five churches predominantly located within the inner suburbs of Melbourne, serving thousands of parishioners. All churches are under the ecclesiastical jurisdiction of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia.
Church services are conducted on each Sunday morning and all Feast Days. For further details regarding church services please contact the respective church.