As the offices of the GOCMV have been inundated with phone calls and emails in recent weeks we wish to remind those interested in migrating to Australia that our organisation is not a Migration Agency and that we endeavour to provide general immigration information and direction.
The Community will continue to advocate for migration policies which may assist immigration between Greece and Australia as it is currently doing by pursuing a bilateral working holiday visa.
For general information we note the following types of visas that are frequently referred to:
- no age limitation
- time period of this visa depends on the length of the Enrolment in a course
- individuals must apply to study a course at a recognised institution
- students are permitted to work for 20 hours a week during periods of study however this limit does not apply when the student is on vacation.
- Further details: http://www.immi.gov.au/students/
Visa 457- Employer Sponsored Visa
- be sponsored by an employer to fill a nominated position
- occupation must appear on the list of approved occupations : ComLaw
- individuals must demonstrate that they have English language proficiency
- be eligible for any relevant licences or registration required for the nominated position
- work in Australia for a period of between one day and four years
Once again we wish stress caution: there are many so called "migration agencies" that prey on people seeking a visa pathway to Australia. These agencies usually promise not only the provision of working visas but also employment opportunities.
In many cases they are "scams" and are acting illegally. One can apply for an Australian visa alone however if you wish to choose a Migration Agent please check that they are registered and able to practice lawfully in Australia through the MARA office: https://www.mara.gov.au/ .