Applications are being sought for suitably qualified and experienced educational leaders for the position of Principal, Alphington Grammar School to begin January 2013.
The successful applicant will:
- provide visionary educational leadership and management in line with the School mission, value and heritage;
- have a sophisticated understanding of contemporary educational issues and approaches;
- be committed to the pastoral care for all;
- have superior interpersonal skills and a collaborative management approach relating effectively with staff, students, parents and other stakeholders; and
- possess a strong business acumen able to manage budgets, assets and human resources.
Founded in 1989, Alphington Grammar School is a co-educational Pre-Prep to Year 12 independent school that provides accessible, high quality education based on excellence in teaching and learning. The School boasts an abundance of modern facilities and programs set in an attractive parkland landscape with open space amongst native fauna and flora on the banks of Darebin Creek, some 7 kilometres north-east of Melbourne's CBD.
While the Greek language and Hellenic culture and values form the basis of the School's rich immersion based language program the School is educating our young people to develop truly international thinking. Working in partnership with parents to provide a holistic and progressive education, the School prides itself on combining academic performance with the physical, spiritual, moral, personal and emotional development of each student.
The School has established sound VCE results and strong cultural traditions offering high quality, diverse and engaging programs which nurture and develop the whole student. The School offers a culturally rich and diverse education based on its Australian and Greek ethos, heritage and values.
Please click here to download the complete position description in PDF form (157KB).