A delegation of Greek Health industry professionals will conduct a conference and information sessions about the growing Health Tourism Industry, on 25 and 26 November, at the Greek Centre. Deputy Foreign Minister for European Affairs Mr George Katrougalos will also visit Melbourne to attend the conference.
The conference will be held at the Greek Centre and the session will commence on Saturday 25 November at 11.00 am. Two further sessions are planned for later that day and the conference concludes with an additional session on Sunday afternoon.
Victorian MP’s have been invited to attend each event, together with the Ambassador of Greece to Australia Ms Aikaterini Xagorari and the Consul General of Greece Ms Simantiraki.
«The GCM is proud for initiating this important event for the medical fraternity of Greece. Working with the peak medical organisations of Greece on this conference will broaden the ties between Australia and Greece,» said Mr Bill Papastergiadis, President of the Greek Community of Melbourne.
“We will have the President of the Hellenic Medical Association attending the conference along with the Heads of Many of the major medical faculties attending the conference.
“This is the first time such a visit has taken place. Importantly, it will lead to closer ties from an economic and academic level. Memorandums of Association will be signed by relevant bodies.”
The visiting delegation from Greece includes the following:
• Mr Giorgos Patoulis, President of I.H.T.C., President of G.G.D.I, President of Athens Medical Association, President of Central Union of Municipalities and Communities in Greece
• Mr Giorgos Katrougalos, Greek Deputy Foreign Minister with responsibility for European Affairs
• Konstantinos Pantos, Vice President of I.H.T.C, Vice President of G.G.D.I., Director of Assisted Fertilisation Unit, Founder of “ATHENS GENESIS” clinic, Secretary General of Hellenic Society of Reproductive Medicine
• Dr. Michalis Koutsilieris, Professor of Physiology, University of Athens, Chairman of the Union of Professors of Medical School of the University of Athens.
• Ass Professor Nikolaos S.Kouvelas, Ass. Professor of Dentistry in the University of Athens, President of Athens Dental Tourism Cluster, Founder & President of EURODENTICA « »
• Petros Mamalakis, General Manager of I.H.T.C., Founder & CEO of Vitabooking.com «The Health Tourism Hub www.vitabooking.com»
• StavrosTombris MD,PhD,DDS, Oraland Maxillofacial Surgeon
• Sotirios Tsioumas, Eye Surgeon
• Lydia Mouzaka, Surgery - Gynecologists, Mastologist- Oncologist
• Professor Konstantinos Kouskoukis, Dermatologist, Legal Scientist, President of the Greek Academy for Thermal Medicine, Scientific Adviser to the Central Union of Municipalities and Communities in Greece, former Vice-Chancellor of Democritus University – former Secretary General of the Ministry of Education, Research & Religion
• Lina Evgeni, Reproductive biologist
• Sofia Kalanteridou, Professor of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Sterification of the Medical School of the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens.Greece
• Alexandra Mastrogiannaki-Marini, Biopathologist – Microbiologist
Also on Sunday 26 November at 1:30PM at the Greek Centre, Mr Katrougalos will discuss in a panel format the current state of play with regard to Greek investment and trade.
On Sunday evening the Greek Community will be hosting the visiting minister, delegation and key members of Melbourne Greek Australian business and community representatives at dinner.